How to raise an issue using the public petitions process

If you want to raise an issue with the Houses of the Oireachtas on a matter of public policy or general public interest, you can submit a petition to the Joint Committee on Public Petitions. You can put forward a petition by completing a standard form (pdf) and submitting it by email or post. You can also submit your petition online.

The issue raised must be admissible for consideration by the committee.  If the petition is admissible, the Committee may respond in a number of ways.

Find out more in our document on public petitions.