Met Éireann has issued a high-temperature weather alert nationwide.
Temperatures are expected to reach 27 degrees and higher in parts of the country throughout the week. The warning will be in place until 9pm on Friday, 29 June 2018.
The following information will help you stay safe while enjoying the hot weather:
- Learn how to protect your skin from the sun on cancer.ie
- See tips for keeping pets safe in hot weather on ispca.ie
- Read water safety tips and advice on watersafety.ie
- Check water quality for swimming on beaches.ie
- Find out where lifeguards are on duty on iws.ie
Long periods of hot, dry weather can also put pressure on domestic water supplies. Check out ways to use less water at home on water.ie.