The Irish Government has approved ‘Ireland’s National Action Plan in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)’
The plan has been prepared following involvements from all departments and key agencies.
Its main aims are to:
- Minimise the risk of people becoming unwell
- Minimise the health, wellbeing and social impact for people who may be at greater risk
- Reduce the economic and social disruption associated with the COVID-19 outbreak
The plan includes information on:
- What we know about the COVID-19 virus
- What the public can do to reduce the threat
- The public health led approach being taken
- Supports for businesses and those who have lost their jobs
- Supports for vulnerable people in society
- Measures to ensure continuity of essential services
- Measures to protect vital supply chains
The Health Service Executive (HSE) is implementing a wide range of measures that are unprecedented in their scale and speed in order to face the enormous challenges that COVID-19 will pose in the coming weeks.