The Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar TD has announced further measures to combat the spread of COVID-19.
From midnight on 27 March 2020, the following restrictions will be in place in Ireland:
- Everyone to stay at home in all circumstances, except if you work in essential services (a list of these will be provided) ) for shopping, to get medicines, to care for relatives and brief exercise
- All public and private gatherings of any number of people banned
- All non-essential shops closed.
- All community centres closed.
- Shielding or cocooning introduced for all over-70s
- All visits to offshore islands banned.
- No travel outside of 2 km of your own home for any reason (except those set out above)