What is the EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC)?
The EU Digital COVID Certificate (previously called the Digital Green Certificate) will help citizens move freely and safely within the EU during the COVID-19 pandemic. The DCC is for EU citizens, residents and their families and non-EU citizens who are legally staying or residing in the EU.
It will be proof that you have either:
- Been vaccinated against COVID-19
- Received a negative test result
- Recovered from COVID-19
Being vaccinated will not be a pre-condition to travel.
What information will be included on the DCC?
The certificate will only contain necessary key information including:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- The date of issue
- Relevant information about your vaccine or test or recovery
- A unique identifier number
The DCC will be free and available in both digital and paper formats. The certificate has a QR code to avoid fraud.
Individual member states will decide how the DCC will be used as part of national public health measures. If you are travelling abroad you should always check the entry requirements before you travel.
The system will be used throughout the EU and will also be open to Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Iceland. You can check the European Centre of Disease Control’s map (EU traffic lights system) before you travel abroad.
You can read more about the EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) on citizensinformation.ie.
You can also get information and advice from:
- The Citizens Information Phone Service: Call 0761 07 4000, Monday to Friday, 9am – 8pm
- Our national call back service: Visit citizensinformation.ie/callback to request a phone call from an information officer
You can continue to contact your local centre by email or phone using the details in the Find a Centre page on citizensinformation.ie.