Know Your Rights: Home Renovation Incentive


I am planning to extend my home. How can I claim the Home Renovation Incentive?

Answer (November 2017)

The Home Renovation Incentive (HRI) scheme enables homeowners or landlords to claim tax relief on repairs, renovations or improvement work that is carried out on their main home or rental property by tax-compliant contractors and that is subject to 13.5% VAT. It is also available to local authority tenants who have written consent from the local authority to carry out the works.

HRI is paid as a tax credit at 13.5% of qualifying expenditure, which can be set against your income tax over 2 years. You must be paying income tax to avail of HRI. You must also be up to date with your Local Property Tax (LPT) obligations.

Your contractor must be registered for Value Added Tax (VAT) in Ireland and be tax compliant. They also have to register the work on the HRI online administration system. If you use several contractors, such as a builder, a plumber and an electrician, you can combine the cost of the works to make up the minimum qualifying expenditure of €5,000 including VAT at 13.5%.

Repair, renovation or improvement work subject to VAT at 13.5% all qualify for the HRI, including extensions and attic conversions; supply and fitting of kitchens, bathrooms and built-in wardrobes; fitting of windows; plumbing, tiling, rewiring and plastering. Work subject to VAT at 23% is not covered. Neither are items such as furniture, white goods or carpets.

The work must be done and paid for by 31 December 2018. In general, the credit is paid over the 2 years following the year in which the work is done and paid for.

After work starts you should log in to HRI online to check that your contractor(s) have entered details of the work – if they have not, you will not be able to claim the credit. Once the work has been completed, you can claim the HRI credit. You access the HRI online system through Revenue’s myAccount service or through the Revenue Online Service (ROS) if you are registered for ROS.

There is detailed information about HRI on


Know Your Rights: Accessing healthcare abroad


There is a long wait for a medical procedure that I need. Can I get my medical costs refunded if I have the procedure done in another European country?

Answer (December 2017)

If you are entitled to public health services that are available in Ireland, you can access these services in the European Economic Area (EEA). You will be repaid the cost if you meet the requirements.

This is provided for by the Cross-Border Healthcare Directive. The Directive covers services that are publicly funded and available in Ireland. These include acute hospital services and community-based outpatient care. Other services covered include physiotherapy, ophthalmic, psychology, disability and mental health services. Occupational therapy services and dental and orthodontic services are also covered, but with some exceptions. The Directive doesn’t cover treatments that qualify for the Treatment Abroad Scheme (in general, treatments that are not available in Ireland).

You must be referred to the health service abroad in the same way that you would be referred to public health services in Ireland. This referral may be by your GP (family doctor) or public hospital consultant, for example. They may also be able to tell you whether the service you require is covered by the Directive. You can also check with the National Contact Point (details below).

If the treatment involves an overnight stay in hospital, it will need to be authorised in advance by the Health Service Executive (HSE). For other treatments, you should check whether prior authorisation is required. You pay the costs of treatment and then apply for a refund when you return to Ireland. The amount repaid is either the amount that the treatment would cost in Ireland, or the cost of your treatment abroad, if that is less. It does not include other costs such as travel. The HSE has published refund amounts for different treatments. To get a refund of treatment costs, you and your healthcare provider abroad must complete a HSE form. You then submit it with the healthcare provider invoice and receipt. The HSE provides an invoice format that it recommends using for the invoice to make sure it includes all the required details.

To find out more, contact the National Contact Point: phone (056) 778 4546 or email

Know Your Rights: Income tax bands and rates


I’m a PAYE worker. What income tax will I pay in 2018?

Answer (December 2017)

Changes to income tax bands were announced as part of Budget 2018. The amount of tax that you have to pay depends on your personal circumstances.

Tax is charged as a percentage of your income. The percentage that you pay depends on the amount of your income.

The first part of your income, up to a certain amount, is taxed at 20%. This is known as the standard rate of tax and the amount that it applies to is known as the standard rate tax band.

The remainder of your income is taxed at the higher rate of tax, which is 40%. The amount that you can earn before you start to pay the higher rate of tax is known as your standard rate cut-off point.

For 2018 the standard rate of tax remains at 20%, but the standard rate tax bands have been increased as follows:

2018 € 2017 €
Single person 34,550 @ 20%

Balance @ 40%

33,800 @ 20%

Balance @ 40%

Married couple/civil partners, one income 43,550 @ 20%

Balance @ 40%

42,800 @ 20%

Balance @ 40%

Married couple/civil partners, two incomes Up to 69,100 @ 20%

Balance @ 40%

Up to 67,600 @ 20%

Balance @ 40%

One-parent family 38,550 @ 20%

Balance @ 40%

37,800 @ 20%

Balance @ 40%

There is a range of income tax reliefs available, which can reduce the amount of tax that you have to pay.

Know Your Rights: Prescription charges


I have a medical card but I seem to be paying more than the monthly cap for prescription charges for my family. Why would this happen and how can I get a refund?

Answer (December 2017)

If you have a medical card, there is a charge for each prescription item you receive. From 1 January 2018, the prescription charge is reduced from €2.50 to €2.00 per item, up to a maximum of €20 per month per person or family (previously, the maximum was €25 per month).

Usually your pharmacy keeps records of how much you have paid in prescription charges and makes sure that you do not pay more than the limit each month. However, you may use different pharmacies in the same month, or your family members may not be set up as a family group, and you may end up paying more than the maximum.

If this happens, the Health Service Executive (HSE) will issue a refund without the need for you to apply for it. This is done on the basis of the information received from pharmacies.

You can set up your family as a family group on and print off a family certificate to give to your pharmacist. This will show all of the members of your family so that your pharmacy will not collect charges above the monthly limit. Your family is defined as you, your spouse or partner, any children under 16 years of age and any children between 16 and 21 years of age who are in full-time education.

If you do not have access to the internet, you can ask your Local Health Office to help with setting up a family group. You can also call the HSE on 1890 252 919 or ask your local pharmacist, who may be able to help you.

Know Your Rights: Consumer rights during sales


What are my consumer rights when I buy something in the sales? Can I return sales items?

Answer (December 2017)

Your consumer rights during a sale are exactly the same as at any other time of the year. Your rights do not change just because you bought the item in a sale.

Goods should be of merchantable quality, fit for their intended purpose and as described. If they are not, you are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund.

If you are entitled to a refund because there is a fault with goods that you bought at full price, you should be refunded the amount you paid even if they are now on sale at a reduced price.

Shop notices such as “No Refunds” or “No Exchanges” do not limit your rights, if you have a complaint about faulty items. Some shops display these notices, particularly during the sales, but this does not take away your rights under consumer protection law if the goods are faulty.

However, you are not entitled to a refund because you change your mind about something you have bought in a shop, whether this is during the sales or at any other time of the year. Many shops do allow you to exchange goods that you have had second thoughts about, but this is at their discretion. It is a good idea to check the shop’s refund policy before buying anything.

If you buy goods at full price but change your mind about them, and they are now on sale at a lower price, you may only be offered the reduced amount (if the shop is willing to offer a refund).

You should always keep your receipts as proof of purchase and the price paid. This doesn’t necessarily have to be the shop receipt. You could show your credit or debit card statement (if you used one) or other documentation that proves it was purchased.

For more information, visit the website of the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission at

Know Your Rights: Online shopping and import charges // Siopadóireacht ar-llíne agus táillí iompórtála


I want to do some of my Christmas shopping on American websites. What are the rules about VAT and customs duties when shopping outside the EU?

Answer (October 2017)

You are importing goods if you buy goods from abroad online or from a mail order catalogue, or if you get goods that are sent as a gift from abroad. In general, when goods are imported into Ireland from a country outside of the EU, they become liable to import charges. These include VAT, customs duty and excise or other duties where relevant. In some cases, you can get relief from import charges.

If someone sends you a gift from outside the EU, and it is valued at under €45, you do not have to pay customs duty or VAT. To qualify for this relief, the gift must be of an occasional nature and sent from one private individual to another.

You can buy some goods from outside the EU up to a value of €22 without paying VAT. The value is calculated on the full value of the item, plus postage and duties. This is also the value that is used to calculate VAT, if it is payable.

If you buy goods from outside the EU valued at more than €150, you will have to pay customs duty as well. Customs duty is normally calculated as a percentage of the full value of the goods including the cost of postage, packaging and insurance.

VAT, customs duty and excise duty are always charged on excisable products (such as alcohol, tobacco and perfume) from outside the EU, whatever their value.

All packages received from outside of the EU require a customs declaration, which is usually completed by the sender. The declaration should include a description of the goods, the value and whether they are gifts or commercial items. Some websites offer to undervalue your goods to avoid import charges. This is illegal. You, as the importer of the goods, are responsible for ensuring that the information provided is accurate and that all duties and taxes are paid. Some websites may also promise delivery from within the EU, which would eliminate any import charges, but are in fact shipping their products from outside the EU. If this is the case, you are liable to duties and VAT.


Ba mhaith liom cuid de mo shiopadóireacht Nollag a dhéanamh ar láithreáin ghréasáin Mheiriceánacha. Cad iad na rialacha maidir CBL agus dleachtanna custaim a bhaineann le siopadóireacht lasmuigh den AE?


Tá tú ag iompórtáil earraí má cheannaíonn tú earraí ó thar lear ar líne nó ó chatalóg phostdíola, nó má fhaigheann tú earraí a sheoltear mar bhronntanas ó thar lear. Go ginearálta, nuair a iompórtáiltear earraí go Éirinn ó thír lasmuigh den AE, bíonn táillí iompórtala dlite. Áirítear leis seo CBL, dleachtanna custaim agus máil nó dleachtanna eile nuair is cuí. I roinnt cásanna, is féidir leat faoiseamh a fháil ó tháillí iompórtála

Má sheolann duine bronntanas chugat ón lasmuigh den AE, agus má bhíonn luach faoi bhun €45 air, ní gá duit dleacht custaim nó CBL a íoc. Chun bheith incháilithe don fhaoiseamh seo, caithfidh an bronntanas a bheith de nádúrl ócáideach agus é sheoladh ag duine príobháideach amháin go dhuine príobháideach eile. Is féidir leat roinnt earraí a cheannach ó lasmuigh den AE suas le luach € 22 gan CBL a íoc. Ríomhtar an luach ar luach iomlán an ruda, móide postas agus dleachtanna. Is é seo an luach a úsáidtear chun CBL a ríomh freisin, má tá sé iníoctha.  Má cheannaíonn tú earraí ón lasamuigh den AE a bhfuil luach níos mó ná €150 orthú, caithfidh tú dleacht custaim a íoc chomh maith. De ghnáth déantar dleacht custaim a ríomh mar chéatadán de luach iomlán na n-earraí, lena n-áirítear costas postais, phacáistíochta agus árachais. Gearrtar cáin, dleacht custam agus dleacht máil i gcónaí ar tháirgí inmháil (amhail alcól, tobac agus cumhrán) ó lasmuigh den AE, is cuma a luach.

Tá dearbhú custaim ag teastáil ó gach pacáiste a fhaightear ó lasmuigh den AE, a chomhlánaíonn an seoltóir de ghnáth é. Ba cheart go gcuimseodh an dearbhú cur síos ar na hearraí, an luach agus cibé acu an bronntanas nó nithe tráchtála iad.  Ofráileann roinnt suíomhanna gréasáin do chuid earraí a mheas faoina luach chun táillí iompórtála a sheachaint. Tá sé seo mídhleathach. Tá tú, mar iompórtálaí na n-earraí, freagrach as a chinntiú go bhfuil an t-eolas a sholáthraítear cruinn agus go n-íoctar gach dleacht agus cáin. D’fhéadfadh roinnt suíomhanna gréasáin seachadadh a ghealluint ó laistigh den AE freisin, rud a chuirfeadh táilli iompórtála as an áireamh, ach atá i ndáiríre ag seoladh a n-earraí ó lasmuigh den AE. Más é seo an cás, tá tú féin faoi dhliteanas dleachtanna agus CBL.

Know Your Rights: Buying goods online


I have ordered a few presents from a Belgian website. Can I return them if I change my mind when I get them?

Answer (November 2017)

Online purchases from businesses based in the EU are covered by the EU Directive on Consumer Rights. Under this Directive you are entitled to a cooling-off period of 14 days. During the cooling-off period, you can cancel distance contracts such as online purchases without giving a reason and without incurring charges or penalties, other than possible charges incurred in returning the goods. The 14-day cooling-off period begins on the day that you receive the goods.

Upon cancellation, the distance seller is obliged to repay you within 14 days, including delivery costs. If you chose a more expensive type of delivery than the seller’s cheapest standard delivery, you are only entitled to be refunded the cost of the cheaper delivery type.

The seller can withhold the repayment until the goods are returned or until you supply evidence that you have sent the goods back.

You must send the goods back within 14 days of informing the seller of the cancellation. You may have to pay for the cost of returning them. The seller must inform you of such costs before you complete the purchase.

The seller should also have provided you with confirmation of the contract, as well as information on aftersales and guarantees, how to cancel the contract and a postal address for complaints. If the seller did not provide you with information on your right to cancel, the cooling-off period can be extended by 12 months.

Some purchases are not covered by the cooling-off period. These include customised or perishable goods and bookings for transport or accommodation.

Know Your Rights: Replacing lead pipes // Piopáin nua a chur in ionad Píopáin luaidhe


Can we get a grant to replace lead water pipes in our house?

Answer (September 2017)

The local authorities administer a means-tested grant scheme to help low-income households with the cost of replacing lead pipes and fittings.

If your income is below €50,000 a year, you may get a grant of up to 80% of the cost, up to a maximum of €4,000. If your income is between €50,001 and €75,000, you may get up to 50%, up to a maximum of €2,500. You will need to provide evidence of your household’s income when applying to the local authority for the grant.

You must own the premises and live in it as your principal private residence (your main home). You must get the remedial work done before applying for the grant, and it must cost at least €200.

You must have evidence of a risk of lead contamination in your home. This can either be:

  • A letter from your water supplier (Irish Water or a group water scheme), advising that your water system probably contains lead pipes and fittings, or
  • A recent certificate from an accredited laboratory, showing that the level of lead in your water supply is higher than the legal limit

The contractor who does the work must give you the following: a current tax clearance certificate; itemised receipts; written confirmation that the works carried out and the materials used are of an appropriate quality and standard.

You will need to enclose all these documents with your grant application.

If you are an Irish Water customer and you plan to replace your lead piping, you must first apply for Irish Water’s Customer Opt-in Lead Pipe Replacement Scheme.

You may be able to get some tax relief under the Home Renovation Incentive (HRI) scheme even if you get a grant to replace your lead piping – see


An féidir linn deontas a fháil chun píopáin uisce luaidhe a athru inár dteach?


Riarann na húdaráis áitiúla scéim deontais atá faoi thástáil mhaoine mar chabhair do theaghlaigh atá ar ioncam íseal leis an gcostas píobáin agus feistis luaidhe a athrú.

Má ta d’ioncam faoi bhun €50,000 in aghaidh na bliana, féadfaidh tú deontas suas go 80% an chostais a fháil , suas go huasmhéid €4,000. Má ta d’ioncam idir €50,001 agus €75,000, féadfaidh tú  50% a fháil, suas go huasmhéid €2,500. Ní mór duit fianaise ar ioncam do theaghlaigh a thabhairt nuair a dhéanann tú iarratas ar an deontas  leis an údarás áitiúil.

Ní mór go bhfuil an áit chónaithe faoi d’úinéireacht agus caithfidh tú cónaí ann mar d’áit chónaithe phríomha. (do phríomhtheach). Ní mór go ndéantar an obair dheisiúcháin sula ndéanann tú iarratas ar an deontas agus ní mór go mbeadh costas €200 ar a laghad air.

Caithfidh tú fianaise a sholáthar, chomh maith, i leith riosca i leith éilliú luaidhe i do theach. I measc na fianaise atá inghlactha, tá an méid a leanas:

  • Foirm fógra ó do sholáthraí uisce (uisce Éireann nó scéim ghrúpa uisce) a chuireann in iúl gur dóchúil go gcuimseofar i do chóras uisce píobáin agus feistis luaidhe nó
  • Deimhniú saotharlainne creidiúnaithe a eisíodh le déanaí, a léiríonn go bhfuil an leibhéal luaidhe i do sholáthar uisce níos airde ná an teorann dlíthiúil

Ní mór don chonraithóir a dhéanann an obair an méid a leanas a thabhairt duit: deimhniu imréitigh cánach reatha; admhálacha miondealaithe: deimhniú i scríbhinn go bhfuil na hoibreacha a rinneadh agus na hábhair a úsáideadh ar an gcáilíocht chuí agus ar an gcaighdeán cuí.

Ní mór duit na cáipéisí seo go léir a chur le d’iarratas ar dheontas.

Féadfaidh tú roinnt faoisimh cánach a fháil faoin scéim Dreasachta Athchóirithe Tí fiú ma fháigheann deontas chun do phíobáin luaidhe a athrú – féach

Know Your Rights: Small Claims Procedure // Nós imeachta Eorpach um éilimh bheaga


I am not happy with work that a builder did on my house and will have to pay for someone else to finish the job properly. What can I do to recoup the additional expense?

Answer (August 2017)

If your original builder is unwilling to compensate you, you may be able to pursue a claim against the builder through the Small Claims Procedure. The aim of this procedure is to provide an inexpensive, fast and easy way for consumers to resolve disputes without needing to employ a solicitor. The maximum amount you can claim is €2,000. The small claims service is provided through local District Court offices.

Anyone who has purchased goods or services for private use from someone selling them in the course of business may submit a claim using the Small Claims Procedure. You can make claims for faulty goods or bad workmanship, for minor damage to property, and for the non-return of rent deposits for certain kinds of rented properties, for example, a holiday home. Businesses involved in disputes with other businesses can also use the Small Claims Procedure.

To make a claim, you complete an application form which you can download from the Small Claims Procedure section of or get from the Small Claims Registrar at the District Court office. Make sure you use the correct name and address of the person or company you want to make the claim against. The completed form and a fee of €25 should be lodged with the Small Claims Registrar. You can also apply online at the Courts Service Online website,

The Registrar sends a copy of your application to the person you are making the claim against. If the other party does not reply within 15 days of receiving your application, your claim will be automatically treated as undisputed and you can apply for a court order in your favour. If your claim is disputed, the Registrar will contact you and let you have a copy of the reasons why the other party is disputing your claim. The Registrar will try to negotiate a settlement to the dispute. If no settlement can be reached, the matter is then set for a court hearing in the District Court.


Níl mé sásta leis an obair a rinne tógálaí ar mo theach agus ní mór dom íoc as duine eile chun an jab a chríochnú i gceart. Cad is féidir liom a dhéanamh chun an costas breise a aisghabháil?


Mura bhfuil do chéad tógálaí sásta  tú a chúiteamh, féadfaidh tú a bheith in ann éileamh a dhéanamh i gcoinne an tógálaí tríd an Nós Imeachta um Éilimh Bheaga. Is é aidhm an nós imeachta seo bealach saor, scioptha agus éasca a sholáthar do thomhaltóirí díospóidí a réiteach gan aturnae a fhostú. Is é €2,000 an t-uasmhéid is féidir leat éileamh. Soláthraítear an tseirbhís éilimh bheaga trí oifigí áitiúla na Cúirte Dúiche.

Féadfaidh duine ar bith a cheannaigh earraí nó seirbhísí i gcomhair úsáid phríobháideach ó dhuine a dhíolann iad i gcúrsa gnó éileamh a chur isteach ag baint úsáide as an Nós Imeachta um Éilimh Bheaga. Is féidir leat éilimh a dhéanamh ar earraí lochtacha nó ar drochshaoirseacht, i gcás damáiste a rinneadh ar réadmhaoin, agus chun earlais cíosa neamhaisíoctha le haghaidh cineálacha áirithe réadmhaoine ar cíos, mar shampla, teach saoire. Is féidir le gnólachtaí a bhfuil baint acu i ndíospóidí le gnólachthaí eile an Nós Imeachta um Éilimh Bheaga a úsáid freisin.

Chun éileamh a dhéanamh, comhlánaigh tú foirm iarratais ar féidir leat é a íoslódáil ón Rannóg Nós Imeachta Éilimh Bheaga de nó í a fháil ón gCláraitheoir na nÉileamh Beag in oifig na Cúirte Dúiche. Cinntigh go n-úsáideann tú ainm agus seoladh ceart an duine nó na cuideachta ar mhaith leat an t-éileamh a dhéanamh ina choinne. Ba chóir an fhoirm chomhlánaithe agus táille €25 a thaisceadh le Cláraitheoir na nÉieaimh Beaga. Is féidir leat iarratas a dhéanamh ar líne freisin ar Láithreán Gréasáin na Seirbhíse Cúirteanna Ar Líne,

Cuirfidh an Cláraitheoir cóip de d’iarratas chuig an duine a bhfuil tú ag déanamh an éilimh ina choinne. Mura dtugann an páirtí eile freagra laistigh de 15 lá ó d’iarratas a fháil, déileálfar go huathoibríoch ar d’éileamh mar éileamh gan cheistiú agus féadfaidh tú iarratas a dhéanamh ar ordú cúirte ar do shon. Má tá díospóid ar d’éileamh, déanfaidh an Cláraitheoir teagmháil leat agus tabharfaidh sé cóip duit de na cúiseanna a bhfuil an páirtí eile ag cur in aghaidh d’éilimh. Déanfaidh an Cláraitheoir iarracht socrú a dhéanamh ar an díospóid. Mura féidir teacht ar shocraíocht, atreoraítear an cheist ansin d’éisteacht cúirte sa Chúirt Dúiche.

Know Your Rights: Better Energy Homes Scheme // Scéim um Thithe Fuinnimh níos Fearr


Our heating bills are quite high because our house is difficult to heat. Is there a grant available to improve the insulation?

Answer (October 2017)

The Better Energy Homes Scheme provides grants to homeowners to improve energy efficiency in their homes. It is also available to landlords and owners of more than one property. The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) administers the scheme.

You can use the Home Energy Self Survey on the SEAI website to identify areas in your home that could be improved to increase energy efficiency. You can also get a Building Energy Rating (BER) done if you are uncertain about your energy-saving options or what work to get done first.

Grants are available for roof insulation, wall insulation, upgrade of heating controls, high-efficiency boiler installation and solar heating. You can also get a grant to have a BER done after the energy-saving work is carried out.

To qualify for a grant, you must: own a dwelling built before 2006; use a contractor from SEAI’s registered list; use newly fitted materials and products; have work done that complies with the required standards; have a BER carried out after the works are done and use a BER assessor from SEAI’s National Register. You must have grant approval before you buy materials or start work.

Grants for qualifying measures range from a maximum of €300 for attic or cavity wall insulation to a maximum of €4,500 for external wall insulation on a detached house. Grants are paid after the work is completed and you have paid your contractor.

If you get three qualifying measures done, a bonus of €300 is payable on top of the grants. (A BER doesn’t count as a measure for this bonus.) A further €100 is payable on completion of a fourth measure. See for full details of grants and bonuses.

If you are also claiming a tax credit under the Home Renovation Incentive, the amount of expenditure that qualifies for the credit will be reduced. You can contact SEAI at 1850 927 000 or


Tá ár billí teasa sách ard go leor toisc go bhfuil sé deacair ár dteach a théamh. An bhfuil deontas ar fáil chun an insliú a fheabhsú? is difficult to heat. Is there a grant available to improve the insulation?


Soláthraíonn an Scéim um Thithe Fuinnimh níos Fearr deontais d’úinéirí tí chun éifeachtacht fuinnimh a fheabhsú ina gcuid tithe. Is féidir le tiarnaí talún agus le h-úinéirí a bhfuil níos mó ná teach amháin acu iarratas a dhéanamh ar dheontas faoin scéim freisin. Is é Údarás Fuinneamh Inmharthana Éireann (ÚFIÉ) a riarann an scéim.

Is féidir leat Féinsuirbhé Baile a dhéanamh chun réimsí a aithint i do theach a bhféadfaí feabhas a chur orthu chun éifeachtacht fuinnimh a fheabhsú.Is féidir leat Rátáil Fuinnimh an Fhoirgnimh (BER) a dhéanamh ar do theach má bhíonn tú eiginnte maidir le do roghanna sábhála fuinnimh nó maidir le cen obair a bhéidh le déanamh ar dtús.

Is féidir deontas a fháil d’insliú don díon, insliú balla, uasghrádú ar rialtáin teasa, athsholáthar ar choire ardéifeachtachta agus griantéamh. Is féidir deontas a fháil freisin chun Rátáil Fuinnimh an Fhoirgnimh (BER) a dhéanamh tar éis a ndéantar an obair choigilte fuinnimh

Chun bheith cáilithe don deontas, ní mór duit; d’áitreabh féin bheith agat ó 2006 i leith, conraitheoirí ó liosta cláraithe SEAI a úsáid, ábhair agus táirgí nuachóirithe a úsáid, obair bheith déanta a thagann leis an gcaighdeán cuí, Rátáil Fuinnimh an Fhoirgnimh bheith déanta tar éis an obair a chríochnú agus measúnóir RFF ó Chlár Náisiúnta Údarás Fuinnimh Inmharthana na hÉireann (SEAI) a úsáid chuige. Ní mór an deontas bheith ceadaithe roimh duit ábhair a cheannach ná aon obair a thosú.

Bíonn na deontais a bhronntar le haghaidh bearta cáilitheacha ar fáil idir uasmhéid €300 ar insliú cuasbhalla is áiléir agus uasmhéid €4,500 ar insliú balla seachtrach tí scoite. Bronntar deontais tar éis an obair a theacht chun críche agus tar éis do chonraitheoir féin a íoc.

Tá bónas €300 iníoctha nuair atá 3 bheart incháilithe curtha i gcrích ar theach, agus tá €100 breise iníoctha nuair a chuirtear an 4ú beart i gcrích.If you get three qualifying measures done, a bonus of €300 is payable on top of the grants. (Ní chuirtear BER san áireamh mar bheart le haghaidh an bhónais á ríomh.) A further Tá €100 eile iníoctha nuair a chuirfear an ceathrú beart i gcrích. Féach chun na sonraí go léir maidir le deontais agus bónais a fháil.

Má tá creidmheas cánach á éileamh agat faoin Dreasacht Athchóirithe Tí, déanfar an méid caiteachais atá incháilithe le haghaidh creidmheas a laghdú. Is feidir leat teagmháil a dhéanamh ar SEAI at 1850 927 000 or