New supports to help with the cost of living were announced on 21 February 2023:
- An extra €100 per child to parents who get Child Benefit in June 2023
- An extra €200 to people who get most weekly social welfare payments in April 2023
- Vat rates for hospitality services, and for gas and electricity will remain at 9%
- No fees for Leaving Cert and Junior Cycle exams
- Reduced fees for school transport for primary and secondary pupils
- Extension of the Temporary Business Energy Support Scheme
The pause on disconnections for gas and electricity customers is extended to the end of March 2023.
From 15 March 2023, Coimisiún na Meán (or CnM or the Media Commission) will be the media regulator for online safety, television broadcasting and video on-demand services.
The Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Act will be fully implemented on 26 April 2023. From this date, new decision support arrangements will be available. No new Wards of Court will be created after this date, and everyone who is currently a Ward of Court will have their capacity assessed and brought under the new legal framework within 3 years. The Decision Support Service will oversee the new system.
New and recently edited
These pages were reviewed and improved: