You can now apply for an Additional Needs Payment online.
You can no longer book a COVID-19 PCR test or order an antigen test through the HSE.
If you are the qualifying adult on your partner’s Jobseeker’s Allowance or Community Employment Payment, you will be able to qualify to take part in the CE Scheme in your own right under changes announced last week.
The Work Life Balance and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2022 has been passed by the Oireachtas. The President will now consider the Bill before signing it into law. Most of the new rules will not apply immediately. The Bill includes:
- 5 days paid leave for victims of domestic violence
- 5 days unpaid medical leave for carers and parents of children under 12
- The right to request flexible working hours for parents and carers, and remote working for everyone
- The extension of breastfeeding breaks to cover the first 2 years
- The right to take maternity leave for transgender men
New and recently edited
These pages have been reviewed and improved: