All domestic electricity customers will get a refund of €89.10 on their electricity bills. The refund will be paid in 7 payments of €12.73 from 1 March 2023.
You will get the refund either on your bill or your prepay meter. For prepay meters, the PSO payment will be deducted from the daily electricity standing charge by your electricity supplier.
There will be changes to the Local Authority Home Loan scheme from 1 March 2023, including:
- An increase to the income limits to qualify for the loan to €70,000 for all single applicants and €85,000 for joint applicants
- An increase in the maximum value of a home you can buy with the loan.
The Electoral Commission has been established. The Commission will oversee elections, examine constituencies, handle the registration of political parties and take over the responsibilities of the Referendum Commission.
The first phase of changes to how the Personal Injuries Assessment Board assesses cases has commenced from today.
You can now renew your Safe Pass online.
New and recently edited
These pages have been reviewed and improved:
- Regularly getting paid late
- Parking fees, fines and clamping
- Coming to Ireland – tax and PRSI
- Your rights when you travel on a ferry or cruise
- Repossession of rented social housing
- Your rights as a victim of crime
- Tax residence and domicile
- Anti-social behaviour in local authority housing
- Assessments of need for people with disabilities