The Additional Needs Payment is a new once-off payment from the Department of Social Protection to help with expenses that you cannot afford from your weekly income. This replaces the Exceptional Needs and Urgent Needs Payments.
The amount of savings and income you can have without it affecting your Carer’s Allowance has increased.
Details on how to defer your Leaving Cert exam are now available.
Read our improved redundancy section, including information on:
- What is redundancy?
- Being selected for redundancy
- Alternatives to redundancy
- Redundancy notice periods
- Do I have a right to redundancy pay?
- How much redundancy pay will I get?
- Problems with redundancy pay
- Lay-off, short-time working and redundancy